Passover, emblematic of Jewish exodus is one of the prominent Jewish festivals celebrated with great vigor and gaiety all across the globe. For the Jews, Passover is the time to relive and experience the freedom that their ancestors gained. Passover celebrations are marked with boisterous merrymaking and feastings. And what else can set the tone for an unrestrained indulgence and jubilations for the rest of the day than a yummy breakfast? The festival offers the opportunity to savor the lip smacking delicacies with friends and family over breakfast and spend some memorable time. So if you wish to spend some delightful breakfast gorging upon a scrumptious breakfast with your family this Passover, you have arrived at the right pass. Recipes for some of the most delectable and mouthwatering delicacies yet quite easy to prepare have been compiled in the article below. Try them and enjoy with your family.
Passover Breakfast Recipes
Matzo Meal Pancakes
A mouthwatering Passover breakfast can set the festive tone for the rest of the day. Read on to find some easy and yummy breakfast recipes for Pesach.
Breakfast Recipes For Passover
- 1 cup Matzo Meal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Egg Substitute
- 1 cup Club Soda
- 3 Egg Whites
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- Mix matzo meal, salt, egg substitute and club soda in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate the mixture for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl, until the formation of a stiff peak.
- Now, fold the egg whites into the Matzo meal mixture, gradually.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan and drop a spoonful of pancake batter in it.
- Fry the pancake, till both sides assume a golden brown color.
- Serve the matzo meal pancakes with jam or applesauce.
Passover Sponge Cake
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Rind
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 9 Eggs (separated)
- 1 cup Cake Meal
- 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- Pinch of Salt
- Mix egg whites and salt in a bowl. Beat them until the formation of a stiff peak. Set aside.
- Beats yolks in a separate bowl and gradually add sugar.
- Add lemon rind and orange juice into the beaten yolks.
- Mix sifted cake meal and potato starch separately and add to the yolk-mixture.
- Mix the ingredients properly and slowly, fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture in a greased pan (9 x 13 inches), lined with a wax paper.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 325 degrees F.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven.
Pesach French Toast
- 2 Eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tbsp Lemon (grated)/Orange Peel
- Cinnamon (ground)
- 6 to 8 (1-inch or 2.54 centimeter) slices Passover Sponge Cake
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Mix lemon peel, eggs and milk in shallow bowl. Beat the ingredients well.
- Soak the slices of sponge cake in the milk mixture.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Fry the cake on both the sides, until it assumes a brownish color.
- Sprinkle with sugarand cinnamon.
- Your French toast is ready.
Matzo Heuvos Rancheros
- Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped boxed Tomatoes
- 2 pieces Matzoh
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp of ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tbsp minced Jalapeno or chopped Green Chilies
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- First of all to prepare the sauce, soften the shallots in a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- When it becomes translucent, add tomatoes.
- Now add chopped green chilies and spices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then reduce the heat, and let it simmer while you busy yourself with the rest of the cooking. Keep stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, take the black beans in a small pot and heat it moderately.
- Bring each piece of matzo under running warm water and place in the oven to heat. Make sure that they do not get soaked completely, and imbibe just enough water so as not to get burnt in the oven.
- Apply cooking spray on a frying pan warm over medium heat. When pan starts to sizzle, crack the eggs into pan and fry them with the sunny side up until so that the whites get cooked whereas the yolk starts to set but doesn't get cooked.
- Before serving put a little of the sauce onto a warmed piece of matzo with a spoon. With a slotted spoon add a scoop of beans, top with ranchero sauce and finally add a fried egg.
- Spread some cheese over and add salt and pepper.