Every delicious good meal ends with a perfect dessert, and a scrumptious cake is one of the desserts that can mark a luscious end to a perfect meal. The importance of a cake can be realized from the fact that there is a cake for every occasion, be it birthday, anniversary or wedding. Whatever be the occasion, it is difficult to hold back your taste buds from inclining towards that delectable cake. Take a glance at the bakery stores during any occasion and you will find them offering a wide variety of cakes. In fact, today, cakes have become an essential part of the gastronomical delights. They can help make an occasion all the more special. During Passover, garb an opportunity to win the heart of your near and dear ones by presenting them with a homemade cake. Credit yourself lucky, as we have listed your favorite cake recipe below that are easy to make and less messy!
Cake Recipe For Passover
Cakes make an occasion all the more special. Read on to learn some delicious cake recipes for Passover/Pesach.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Matzo Meal
- 1/2 cup Potato Starch
- 4 large Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Take a baking dish, of the size 9 x 13 inch, grease it and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, take eggs, oil and sugar. Mix them well, if possible, with an electric beater.
- Once eggs, sugar and oil are mixed properly, stir in matzo meal, potato starch and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- In the greased dish, put half of the mixture.
- Take a separate bowl and in it, toss apples, with brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg powder.
- Place the apples into the dish, over the mixture.
- Pour the remaining mixture in the dish, over the apples.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cake
- ½ cup Butter
- 3½ cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 4 Eggs
- Put butter and 2 cups chocolate chips in a bowl and melt them together, in the microwave or double broiler.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, put melted chocolate mixture and sugar. Beat for about 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Gradually add in vanilla and water.
- Add eggs, one by one, into the mixture and beat well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Take a 10 inch round greased pan and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake, in a preheated oven, at 325 degrees F, for 35 to 45 minutes.
Classic Yellow Cake
- 2 1/4 cups Sifted Cake Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 pound Sweet Butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 large Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 large Egg Whites
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and keep them aside.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl, until it turns fluffy and light in color.
- Add sugar and continue to bet butter for some more time.
- Add egg yolks to the butter mixture, one at a time, and mix well.
- Mix in a few drops of the vanilla essence.
- Next, add the dry ingredients, followed by the sour cream. Add half of the flour at the beginning and half at the end.
- Beat the mixture properly after each addition.
- Take a separate bowl and beat the egg whites, till soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the batter, with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F and grease an 8 x 3-inch baking dish.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish and bake it for 45 to 50 minutes.
Cakes are sumptuous and gorgeous and they make your party a great hit. Everybody loves cake and savor every bite and stretch the enjoyment by cutting silver slices for yourself and a razor thin slice, especially, for others to whom you reluctantly share.