Passover is one of the most important celebrations for the Jewish community that involves innumerable customs and tradition. This festival commemorates the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. This celebration is associated with the safe return of the Israelites to their country. After their return, there was a grand celebration marked with great feast prepared in every home. Among numerous Pesach recipes, chicken dishes are still the hot favorite food items of the Jewish people. Whether stuffed chicken or coated or fried chicken, Passover chicken can be prepared in many different ways, each being exclusive from one another. In this piece of writing, we bring you some very simple, yet interesting and tasty chicken recipes for this joyful festival. These chicken dishes can be made in a very short time and still have your guests very happy and contended. Try them and enjoy the dinner with your family and friends.
Pesach Chicken Recipes
Chicken is the most important part of the non-vegetarian diet. Read on to explore some tasty chicken recipes for Passover/Pesach.
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 3/4 cup and 1 tbsp. All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup and 1/4 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 lb. (450 grams) Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- In a shallow dish, combine 3/4 cup flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pat-dry the chicken pieces and dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil, in a skillet, over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and sauté coated chicken breasts, until golden on both sides.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and place in a baking dish.
- Bake the breasts for 20 minutes, uncovered, at 350° F (180° C).
- In the same skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil and let it get hot.
- Put mushrooms in the skillet and sauté, on high heat, for 5 minutes or until soft and golden-brown.
- Add 1 cup Marsala wine and 1 tsp. salt and let the mushrooms simmer.
- Take a small bowl, whisk 1 tbsp. flour with 1/4 cup Marsala wine.
- Pour the flour-wine mixture into the skillet with mushrooms.
- Cook till the mushroom sauce thickens. Keep the sauce warm while chicken breasts bake.
- Take out the baking dish, pour mushroom sauce over chicken breasts and bake for 10 more minutes.
Lemon Olive Roast Chicken
- 4 pounds (2kg) Whole Chicken
- 8 ounces (250 gm.) Syrian Green Olives
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Onions
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Soup
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Slice the lemon and cut the onions into rings.
- Mix olives, lemons and onions in a bowl.
- Place the chicken, on its back, in a deep roasting pan.
- Stuff half the olives, lemons and onions into chicken cavity. To make sure that stuffing does not come out, tie the chicken legs together.
- Tie the chicken wings to prevent the chicken's body from burning.
- Rub the outer area of the stuffed chicken with olive oil.
- Arrange the rest of the olives, lemons and onions around the chicken.
- Take a separate bowl and mix the soup, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture on top of and inside the chicken.
- Cook it in a preheated oven, at 400 degrees F, for 2 hours or until cooked through and nicely browned.
- 1.5 kg Chicken, cut into eighth pieces
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Take a Pyrex dish and place the chicken in it. Sprinkle some paprika on it.
- In a separate small bowl, mix jam, mayonnaise, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the sauce, prepared in the above step, over chicken.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Bake the covered chicken, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover it and bake for another 45 minutes.
Apricot and Ginger Chicken Recipe
- Salt and White Pepper (to taste)
- 4 to 5 whole Chicken Breasts (fresh/frozen)
- 1 box Grounded Soup Nuts (mandelen)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste
- 2 Eggs
- 6 ounces Apricot Preserves
- 1 cup Egg Substitute (optional)
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Preheat the oven to about 180°C.
- Wash chicken pieces with cold water and pat them dry using paper towels.
- Slice the chicken pieces into half.
- Blend the nut pieces, ginger paste, salt and pepper together.
- Whisk eggs and lemon juice together and empty the mixture in a pie plate.
- Coat chicken breasts with egg and lemon mix and then with the crumb mixture.
- Arrange all pieces of chicken in a single layer in a baking. Avoid Overlaying of the pieces.
- Combine margarine, wine and preserves in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave it on high power for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Alternately, you can use small saucepan for this purpose and bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Once done boiling or micro heating, pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- And bake the chicken for over an hour, until the pieces are brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with the delicious sweet and sour sauce.