Passover is a day of grand celebration for the Jewish people. On this day, the entire family lingers at home and takes part in the merriment. There are plentiful ways of celebrating the festival. One of the most common ways is by preparing good food at home, especially desserts. Dessert - the name itself tease the taste buds and it is a real extravagance to the foodie soul. This Passover, indulge yourself in some mouth-watering and exquisite desserts, made from an assortment of easily available ingredients. These tantalizing desserts are a hot favorite with big sweet tooth. Prepare some delicious desserts and conquer the heart of your family members. In the following paragraphs, we have provided a few dessert recipes that can be prepared on Pesach. So what are you waiting for? Get ready to create some really lip-smacking Pesach desserts. Let the magic begin!
Dessert Recipes For Pesach
Desserts are a real treat to the foodie soul. Read this article to learn about a few Passover (Pesach) dessert recipes.
- 1 cup Sliced Slivered Almonds (Toasted)
- 1 cup Sugar (along with 1 tbsp. sugar)
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 5 Eggs
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
For Chocolate Sauce
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 tsp Potato Starch
- 3/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Blend almonds, along with a tablespoon of sugar, until finely ground.
- In small saucepan, melt butter. As it starts cooling down, stir in cocoa and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolk and 3/4 cup sugar together, until they turn it into pale yellow.
- Add the chocolate mixture and salt. Mix well.
- Now, stir the finely ground almonds into it.
- Beat the egg whites, until foamy, and start add the remaining sugar to it. Beat it until stiff, but not dry
- Add about 1/4 of the beaten egg whites to chocolate mixture and stir until well blended.
- Gradually fold in the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Take a spring-form pan, with the bottom measuring 9-inch, grease it and place a foil in it.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the greased pan.
- Preheat an oven to 375-degree.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let it cool, then take out carefully, peel off the foil, and serve with warm chocolate sauce.
For Warm Chocolate Sauce
- In a small saucepan, put sugar, cocoa and potato starch. Mix well.
- Gradually stir the evaporated milk into it.
- Cook it over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add butter and stir, until it is melts properly.
- Your chocolate sauce is ready!
For Toasted Almonds
- Heat the oven to 350 degree and on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking pan; place the almonds in a single layer.
- Bake the almonds for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Unsweetened Grated Coconut
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1-tsp Vanilla
- Take a large bowl and put sugar in it. Add cocoa and mix the two together, until they are well integrated.
- Take another bowl and put egg whites in it. Beat for 6 minutes or until they turn foamy.
- Add sugar and cocoa into the mixture, stirring well.
- Gradually fold in coconut and vanilla into the mixture.
- Take a greased cookie sheet and drop teaspoonful of the mixture on it, leavening 1-inch gap between cookies.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degree F.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- 5 boards Matzoh
- 1½ cup Margarine
- 1½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to about 350° F.
- Take aluminum foil which is used for covering the baking sheet. Now, spread some non-stick cooking oil over the foil.
- Fill the baking sheet with one layer of matzoh crackers. If gap persists, break some of the matzoh to fill the gaps.
- Next, take a small saucepan and mix brown sugar and margarine. Place it on medium heat. Stir occasionally, until all the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to boil for three-minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, pour the contents over matzoh evenly, covering all the rough ends. And bake it for 10 to 15 minutes, keep a check on the color change, if the edges appear too dark, remove it from the oven.
- Sprinkle dark chocolates chips immediately after taking the tray out of the oven. And allow it to stand until the chocolates start melting.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the entire surface using a blunt knife.
- Store it in refrigerator until it is completely sets.