Food forms an essential part of any festival, as it is believed to add to the celebration. And Passover is one such occasion when there is array of scrumptious special dishes, as a part of the tradition. This Passover make plans to cook something special for your loved ones to make them happy. Pesach is the time to stick with simple, tried and true recipes'. The festival is all about preparing for Passover with exquisite meal plans that have kosher ingredients for Passover substitutions. You can show off your culinary skills with great simple recipes for Passover. Since it is not possible for a person to lose out on all the enjoyment and spent the entire day in the kitchen, he/she should opt for easy recipes that are that are delicious, but less time consuming and get ready instantly. The whole meaning of Passover gets lost in all the minutia and expectations put into preparing extravagant meals. In the following lines, we have given some easy and simple Passover (Pesach) recipes, just for you.
Easy Pesach Dinner Recipes
Teriyaki Baked Salmon
Easy recipes are usually less time consuming and get ready instantly. This article will teach you how to prepare simple Passover (Pesach) recipes.
Easy Passover Recipes
- 3 pounds Salmon Fillet
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 4 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Rosemary Leaves, for garnish
- Rinse the salmon fillet properly under running water. Now place the salmon in an aluminum foil lined baking dish. Rub salt and pepper on the fish.
- Now mix the lemon juice, soy sauce and brown sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture on the salmon and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Keep aside the marinade in a cup and bake the fish in a preheated oven to 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- When done, cut fillets and pour a spoonful of the marinade and garnish with rosemary leaves and serve.
Cheesy Potato Kugel Recipe
- 4 Eggs
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1.5 kg Potatoes (peeled, shredded)
- 2-1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- With the help of the grater, shred the potatoes. Put the shredded potatoes in a strainer and squeeze out the moisture.
- Put eggs, salt, pepper, oil and chopped onion in a large bowl and mix them properly.
- Take a separate bowl and mix the shredded potatoes and cheese.
- Mix the onion mixture and potatoes mixture.
- Take a loaf pan, 9 x 5 inch, grease it and pour the mixture in it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pan in oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until it turns brown.
Green Olive Spread and Nachos
- 2 cups Green Olives with Pimento
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- Rinse and drain the olives, keep aside. Now peel the garlic gloves and grind them coarsely in a blender.
- Add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and lend it into a smooth paste.
- Serve with nachos or chips.
Braised Carrots in Marsala Wine
- 1 pound Carrots
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1 chopped Shallot or Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Marsala Wine
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Wash, peel and slice the carrots diagonally into 1/2" pieces.
- Heat a pan and melt the margarine. Add the chopped shallots or onions and stir until golden brown.
- Once the shallots are sautéed, tip in the carrots. Add salt and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Pour in Marsala wine and continue stirring until the liquid evaporates.
- Serve hot.
Passover Chocolate Mandelbrot
- 2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2-3/4 cups Matzo Cake Meal
- 1 cup Pareve Margarine
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Potato Starch
- 2 tsp White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Eggs
- In a large bowl, put 2 cups sugar and margarine and whisk together, until smooth.
- Gradually add eggs into the mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Take a separate bowl and put matzo cake meal, potato starch and salt in it. Mix well.
- Combine the above two mixtures together and add walnuts and chocolate chips. The mixture will become very sticky and heavy.
- Divide the mixture into 2-inch bars and flatten them out, to about 1/2" thickness.
- Grease a large cookie sheet on place the flatten mixture on it.
- Sprinkle a mixture of 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon on it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the sheet in oven and bake for 50-55 min.
- Take out from the oven, let it cool and serve.