Passover, commemorating the Jewish exodus and emancipation from the atrocious clutches of Egyptian slavery, is one of the prominent Jewish festivals celebrated with great ardor and devotion throughout the world. For all the Jews across the globe, Passover is the time to celebrate the freedom that their ancestors earned and therefore, to commensurate with the spirit of the festivities elaborate feasts are organized. Friends and family members gather over meals, formally known as Seders, to spend some memorable time where great many yummy dishes are relished. There are many delectable Passover delicacies out of which Lasagna has been one of the most popular and sought after of entrees for Passover. If you want to savor the mouth-watering delicacies of Mushroom Lasagna this Passover over a luscious family meal here is your deal. Go through the following lines and make delicious Mushroom Lasagna at home. Serve your friends and family members and earn their appreciation.
Mushroom Lasagna Recipes
Prep/Active time: approximately 45 minutes
Cook time required: About 45 minutes
Mushroom Lasagna is a delicious dish to serve at the Seder table during the Passover feast. Read on to learn the recipes of yummy mushroom lasagna for Passover.
- 3/4 pound Dried Lasagna Noodles
- 1 large clove Garlic, minced
- Olive Oil
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 pound Ground Sausage (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds Cremini Mushrooms, ends trimmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick.
- First of all preheat your oven up to 375°F.
- Now fetch a large pot of water to boil with salt and a splash of oil which in turn will help you to keep your noodles from sticking. Now add the lasagna noodles and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Then drain the water and set it aside.
- To prepare the béchamel, simmer milk and garlic in a large saucepan. Now make 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter melt. Add the flour and cook for a minute or two over low moderate heat and keep stirring from time to time with a whisk or wooden spoon. Pour in the hot milk, a little at a time initially and keep stirring until it gets mixed up. As you finish adding half of it, you can afford to add the second half all at once, along with 1/2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and nutmeg. Cook it over medium-low heat, keep stirring or whisking frequently, for near about 3 to 5 minutes, or until it starts to get thick. Set it aside.
- To make the sausage,heat a little of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage for approximately two to three minutes breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains. Drain and pour it into a bowl. Then set it aside.
- To prepare the mushrooms, melt about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons butter in the same pot over moderate heat. Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes adding about a couple of pinches of salt, or until they are tender and start releasing some of their juices, keep tossing so as to ensure that get cooked evenly.
- At the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish spread some of the sauce. Now arrange a layer of noodles on the top in three rows, then add some more sauce (approximately 1/4 of what remains), 1/3 of the sausage (if using), 1/3 of the mushrooms, and 1/4 cup grated parmesan. Repeat the process more times and then top it with a final layer of noodles, remaining of your sauce and last 1/4 cup of parmesan. Lastly trim the ends of the noodles so that they appear even.
- Let it bake for around 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top turns brown and the sauce gets bubbly. Before serving allow it to settle at room temperature for around 10 to 15 minutes. Now, if in case you wish to freeze it for future use, then allow it to cool down completely and wrap twice or thrice in plastic wrap before freezing.
Written above is an easy step-by-step process of preparing mushroom lasagna. Read it carefully and surprise every one with lip-smacking Lasagna this Passover.