Traditionally during the Passover, Jewish family and friends gather for a formal dinner on the first night of Passover called Seder. To commensurate the grandeur and significance of the meal, the table is set with the finest china and silverware. It hardly requires mentioning that salads have always been the indispensable constituent of any elaborate meal. As the festival occurs during the spring, a spring salad offers a fresh way to spice up a festive meal and offers a variation to the regular dishes. Moreover, you can toss in any ingredients according to your preferences. However, the preparation of this salad entails little effort and consumes little time. All you require are some ingredients which can quite easily be found at any local vegetable and fruit store. This dish is extremely popular among the children and even the adults also admire such variations in the regular festive dishes. To help in your endeavor, here are some of the fresh and delicious recipes for Pesach spring salad. Go through and make delicious spring salad at home.
Spring Fruit Salad Recipe
Passover spring salad is a wonderful way to add a delectable flavor to the meal. Read on to prepare some simple spring salad recipes for Pesach at home.
- 1½ cups Cool Whip
- 2-3 Apples (chopped)
- 1 cup of Pears or Mangoes (or any other fruit of choice)
- ½ cup Strawberries (cleaned and sliced)
- 1½ cups Berries (blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 cup Pineapple (fresh, canned or even thawed)
- 1 can Mandarin Oranges
- A pint of Sorbet (of any desired flavor)
- ¾ cup softened Cream Cheese
- With your hand, mix the whipped cream and sorbet, until you get a desired uniform paste. As the sorbet softens, the mixture may become a little chunky.
- Now to this mixture, add the cream cheese in spoonful and again mix them together with the help of an electric blender, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then place the mixture in the freezer for some time and the ingredients will slowly attain the desired texture and consistency.
- Toss in the fruit pieces in a salad bowl, and drain any extra fluid present.
- Gently stir the fruit and sauce mixture before serving. Serve it alone or over any fruit cake.
Spring Fruit Salad Recipe
- ½ cup Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 bowl Fresh Lettuce Leaves
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Sugar (or to taste)
- Whip the cream and vinegar together in a bowl with the help of an electric beater. When you attain the desired uniform blend add in the sugar and keep mixing the paste.
- Now toss all those lettuce leaves inside a large salad bowl and add the creamy paste. Mix them well.
- Just before surfing add some salt and pepper to taste. You can also add seasoning of your preference to give a distinctive flavor to the salad.
Apple & Beet Salad
- 2 ounces Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 5 ounces Spring Greens
- 8 ounces canned Baby Beets (cubed)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple (cored)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- First of all, wash the greens and apple thoroughly and wipe it with paper towels.
- Make slices of ¼-in width of the beets. Now cut the slices into small cubes and set aside.
- Now cut apple and make some thin slices. Set them aside
- For the salad dressing, mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Cut the garlic into small pieces and add to the vinegar-olive oil mixture.
- Now fuse all these ingredients, along with crumbled feta cheese, and lo! You get your apple and beet salad.
Spinach & Strawberry Salad
- 3 cups Salad Greens (washed and torn)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups BabySpinach Leaves (washed)
- 1 cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 medium Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Take fresh spinach leaves, salad greens, red onion and sliced strawberries in a large bowl. Mix them well and set them aside.
- Now in a different bowl pour some orange juice and honey in a separate bowl and mix them well. Then add mustard, poppy seeds, salt and pepper according to your taste and whip the ingredients until, they get well-mixed.
- Pour olive oil on the dressing and mix with the other ingredients.
- In two different ways you can serve the salad. First option is serving the dressing separately along with the spring salad and the second options is tossing the dressing with the salad and presenting in a large platter.